Self-storage units provide their self-storage facility solves every kind of issue relating to the temporary storage of goods. The tenants may feel like having their place for safekeeping of goods and have full control over access to their goods. In contravention to the warehouse, business self storage points do not take responsibility for the goods of tenants.
- Contracts – The contract for self-storage must have the following information –
- Specific amount of rent and additional services, if any provided.
- Payment criteria, schedule, and mode for payment
- Duration of the lease term
- Termination procedures and formalities
- Compulsory conditions for insurance of goods
- Conditions for access to goods
- Extra additional services – a self-storage unit may also be judged based on the kind of additional services provided by it. Services may include –
- Storage Company may provide truck rental for easy and safe transportation of the tenant’s goods.
- Company may hire l laborers for goods for loading and unloading tenants’ go their cost to rentals.
- Some storage units may provide sale services of subsidiary materials for safety and packing of goods like packaging materials, locks, boxes, etc.
- Reputation of the storage company – Following things should be checked about the company of storage –
- It should not have met with any accident like theft, fire with black history.
- The place of storage should not be disputed.
- Lessee must be the real owner of the storage place, and his identity must be confirmed beforehand.
Nobody else can visit the place of storage without contacting them as they possess their own keys and locks at the door of the storage points.